My mom yelled at me and told me I need to update this more often. The problem is each day is the same. I wake up insanely early (this morning it was at 6:15 to be at school by 8 for a test), take a freezing cold shower, eat entirely too much food for breakfast, sit on a bus for 40 minutes, and sit at school for four more hours. Clearly not the most interesting of schedules.
My class is still really difficult because it´s so boring. We read a story, discuss it, and answer questions on it. The weird thing is I´m almost halfway through it. I have the rest of this week, next week, and like two days and I´m totally done! The other two classes are supposed to be really fun and interesting. They´re current events and conversation. We get to go on a field trip to work in the flower fields! Should be interesting...
I still really like my family. We went to Quito Viejo (the historic district) on Sunday. It was really cool, but frustrating. We went to a museum and our guide talked so fast that I had absolutely no idea what she was saying, and our group moved so quickly that I didn´t have time to read everything. My sister tried to explain everything to me, though, which was really nice of her! She also helped me pick out my clothes to go to a club and promised to take me salsa dancing one night.
I´m not sure how I can post pictures on this yet, but as soon as I figure it out, I will! We rode a cable car to the top of the Pichincha mountain, another 2 kilometers above the city (I think!). Thankfully the altitude didn´t affect anyone while we were up there, we just all got out of breath really fast. My friend Will was really sick the other night from something he ate, but I´ve been lucky so far.
I´m off to salsa lessons with my group now!
Ciao!
It sounds like you are doing well. Good luck with the Salsa dancing. Once you learn, please come to Dallas and teach me! I hope that you have a great time.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you - Abby said she got contact through Facebook - sounds like you have settled in and that your family is very nice. Salsa dancing??? I see something on the agenda for Thanksgiving - we will miss you on the 4th! Take Care
ReplyDelete