Sunday, July 22, 2007

Extreme Ecuador Sporting

We just got back from biking down the Cotapaxi mountain for the whole weeked. It was amazing! Saturday we left at 7 am and drove a few hours up to Cotapaxi, which is an ice-covered volcano. They drove us a little further and we biked for about two hours, had lunch, and biked about two more. We stayed the night in an indigenous hostel, all 9 of us in one room. We woke up early again and biked a few more hours and came home. These few sentences don´t do this weekend justice. We had incredible views the entire time, even though we were in the clouds a lot and it was freezing!

Tomorrow I have my presentation. Hopefully it will be better than the last time. But we leave for Galapagos on Tuesday morning! I´m so unbelievably excited. Dad says pictures, pictures, pictures. Don´t worry, all I do is take pictures. I have lots to share when I get home.

Love!

1 comment:

  1. Kate- It all sounds great! Except for the whole spiders thing on your previous post. I look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing about your trip when you get back.

    It sounds as if your luxuries are few! I am sure that the hostel stay was interesting and will help you appreciate dorm living more next year.

    BTW - I think that your "Salsa" dancing could be used as a way to make some money for the Watt Scholarship Fund. You can give lessons and we will charge a fortune!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete