Wow! This week has gone by insanely fast!
This past weekend we went to a resort called Mindo. It was a lot like Salt Fork, where we stayed in a cabin in the woods and could go hiking and all of that good nature stuff. Saturday afternoon we went rafting down the big river for two and a half hours. It was freezing, but SO much fun! Our rafts were seven tires tied together--literally. So worth it. Later Saturday night I got conned into going on a "walk," which was our tour guide's euphamism for hunting for spiders. So that was really exciting for me...and I made my friend Kevin inspect my bed thouroughly before I got anywhere near it. Sunday we went for a hike to a waterfall and swam in it. A few of us forgot our suits, so we just went in our underwear. That's my group. I took the absolute best shower since I've been here, so that's probably the most exciting part of the trip. We went to the Equator after, which was actually very disappointing and kind of shabby. Plus we were really tired and ready to go home. I did take the picture straddling the equator, though.
Today in class we covered a lot of material and have a quiz on all of it tomorrow, except that it's a short quiz and we're still responsible for everything. We also have presentations on Monday, but I'm going biking at the Cotapaxi mountain this weekend and need to get everything done by tomorrow.
I started my English lessons with my RD's host-cousin. She's 10 and after yesterday her parents want to go up to four times a week. As excited as I am, I'm nervous about it because I'm not sure what material I need to cover. Timo has been helping me though.
I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures...I will as soon as I can.
Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment