Ok, so it´s been awhile since I´ve updated. But I really haven´t had much to say until now.
This past weekend we went to Otavalo, the indigenous community, for two days. They have the largest outdoor market in all of South America, and they´re not kidding. It was HUGE!!! We had to barter for all of our things, which was a lot of fun for me. After like a million years at the market, we went to our indigenous families to spend the night. Timo, our director who clearly loves me oh so much, put me with our tour guide, Elizabeth. That night after dinner she told me she wasn´t going to be able to sleep because of the beans we ate for dinner...thanks a lot, Timo. I woke up in the middle of the night with a spider on my face, and naturally, couldn´t sleep for the rest of the night because I was so freaked out. I slept with my pants tucked into my socks, my cami tucked into my pants, and my hood of my hoodie over my head and tied so that only my nose poked out. And I´m not kidding. Other than that, though, it was a fun trip.
I´m already a third of the way through my time here. I have an exam tonight and my final tomorrow. I´m not too concerned about either of them, so hopefully they´ll be the same as all of the others we´ve taken.
I´ve started to hang out more with Will´s brother, Dani and his friends. I sat in on their band practice. It´s like a little piece of home here in Ecuador. We went out that night, and even though they all speak English really well, they refused to talk to me in English. As annoying as that was, I learned so much from them that night. They told me I speak very well, so I guess that´s a good thing!
We´re going to go see Harry Potter tomorrow night at midnight! yay!
Hasta Luego!
hi
ReplyDeleteSee! If you had your handy-dandy bug suit on, you would have had No Fears!!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like all is well and I hope you are safe and having a great time!
we love you and miss you
Love Dad
Hi Katie
ReplyDeleteEnjoy reading about your adventures - not so sure sleeping would come easily for me!!! You certainly will have lots of stories when you come home. Take care - Love to you - Aunt Margaret