Monday, July 14, 2008

Finally...some internet!

Hello everyone!

I finally have some access to internet...which is much more difficult to find than a phone here. I arrived in Cordoba safely and spent the past two nights with a woman named Gisele and a student named Amanda. Yesterday we went to the city to a sort of flea market where we bought some really beautiful ceramic crafts.

I am at the Foundation today for orientation. I learned all about their projects and success, and today I go to my village. I am working on figuring out my phone situation. I can either buy a local cellular phone or unlock my ATT phone and use a SIM card from Argentina. I-m leaning toward the second option.

I will have virtually NO internet access at my village, so the only time I-ll be able to post is when I go to the neighboring village. Since I don.t know how far that is, I don.t know how soon I will be able to post. Hopefully, it won-t be too far.

I really like the people I am with and the work I will be doing.

This should be a really interesting and fun summer.

Lots of Love!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment