Monday, July 21, 2008

One week down...

I´m back in my village after a weekend of mini-traveling.

My friend Amanda (the one who lives in Cordoba, not the one who lives with me) and I ventured out to a place called la Villa General Belgrano. It´s supposed to be a "German" town, but really, it looked more like something out of Epcott at DisneyWorld than an actual town. There was a chocolate festival, though, which was really fun to go to. We tasted some chocolate treats and watched a German dance show. It was truly bizarre. When we sat down to eat, our server asked us if we spone Spanish, German or English. Needless to say, it was quite the adventure. The countryside on our way there was more than worth the trip, too!

I spent the next day wandering around downtown Cordoba. We went to an artisan market and bought a few crafts, etc. And I miraculously found my way back home after walking around for half an hour in the bus terminal trying to find the right bus to take me back to Villa Quilino!

I´m feeling a lot better about my work, now that I know I can travel easily on the weekends. It gets a little lonely in the village sometimes, and since things move at such a slow pace here, it can be hard to stay occupied. However, school is back in session here, which means we are going to be going around giving our presentations to the children. We have to presentations on Wednesday and a meeting on Thursday. Meanwhile, we have to alter some of our fliers and posters to pass out at the schools. If I still feel like I am not contributing much, though, I can always ask to change to another project. I´m just waiting out this week!

Today we had to give our puppy (Perrito panqueque is his name) a bath because he has really awful ticks :-( Hopefully he´ll be feeling better, because he was not happy with us at all after the bath!

That´s all I have for now!

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment