I managed to have no problems checking my luggage or getting through security. My checked bags are going all the way to Buenos Aires! That's exciting because I only have to worry about them for one extra flight!
I bought two coffee mugs that say "Cleveland" on them to give as little gifts to my family. I figured those are pretty useful.
So far, all of my flights are still on time and scheduled. I hope this long trip goes as smoothly as possible.
Once I land in Cordoba, two members of the Foundation will pick me up and take me to a home near the Foundation headquarters in Cordoba--I won't go directly to my family in the village. We will stay in the city until Monday, so that Amanda (the other American girl that I will live with) and I can get acquainted with the city before heading out to the village. Hopefully then I will be able to buy my phone and set everything else up!
I was really sad last night, and I'm still sad to be leaving. But today I'm more excited and nervous than sad. I received an email from the Foundation with my own email address through them (although I don't know yet if it is strictly for work) and I was added to there Google domain!
I'll keep you posted throughout my trip to Cordoba as best as I can!
Lots of love,
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment